Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Oregon Vacation - Day 2


Tuesday we laid low and did basically nothing. Well the kids did things all day long, but Yohn and I just did nothing and enjoyed ourselves tremendously. We did go for a ride in the mule to the end of the road to get the mail.

And we spotted this bird of prey (because I can't remember what kind of bird of prey it is) at the top of the pole where one of the farmers put a platform to encourage them to nest cuz' ya know they keep down the critters that destroy the crops. It was feeding the babies and we all sat there watching it for a few minutes.

Bethany went with Grandpa Henry to gather the eggs, even the dirty ones! Don't worry, she washed her hands right afterwards. She was very proud to be able to do it mostly on her own and actually got the eggs practically every night we were there.

She tortured played with the dogs on and off all day long.

Elisha brought out his football and convinced us to play catch with him (of course I stood around taking pictures more than playing).

And Bethany wanted me to take a zillion pictures of her and Abbie.

The kids did not forget the desserts! Last year we had root beer floats quite often, so it's what they expected when Grandma Judy offered.

Couldn't leave the big kids out either.

Yeah, nice try Mom but you are still in the picture even if you are trying to hide behind that glass!

And then it's off to bed in the fifth-wheel which was to serve as our home away from home for the 9 1/2 days we visited.
Making silly faces is a daily thing in this family :)

3 comments:

He & Me + 3 said...

I love vacations that have lazy days. NOthing more relaxing. I am with you...I will just be taking the pictures. :) have to make those memories last, that is my excuse for always having the camera around my neck. Yum to floats.

Amanda said...

I love your picture roundups... those eggs are gorgeous! And yum... root bear floats. My fav!

Be blessed!
Amanda

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

Looks like you had a great time! I love root beer floats!

Tell Bethany, it was my job to gather the poopy eggs and wash them growing up. I felt for her!