Thursday, May 14, 2009

Feeding the Ducks

It's becoming somewhat of a tradition for us to go and feed the ducks at the pond near our house on Sunday evenings. There is one condition though, they have to take a nap! It's funny when I tell people that they nap every Sunday afternoon the looks I get. I know they are 5 and 7 and starting to outgrow their nap time, BUT if they do not rest on Sunday afternoon, we are doomed the rest of the week to crying, whining, fighting, and the list goes on. So we have been "bribing" them with a trip to the park to feed the ducks and climb the trees every week. Plus it gets us all out of the house.





I just missed Bethany feeding this duck a small piece of bread.

I'm not sure if you will be able to see them once I post this, but I really liked this picture of the kids on the other side of the pond, just feeling free to be kids and explore.

Elisha is now big enough, or should I say strong enough to climb up in this tree. I has a long, low hanging branch that's about 5 feet off the ground. He's very proud of himself for his new accomplishment. Don't you just love those long gold socks!

No comments: