Sunday, August 28, 2011

Our 2011 Oregon Vacation ~ Part 9

Okay so I know this post is gonna seem out of place, but we did go to Oregon at the end of June/beginning of July so bear in mind that is the time frame we're at right now.


The kids rather impatiently waiting for the 4th of July parade to begin.



Bethany with her sack of candy.

There's something about the tractors all decorated for the fourth that I love. My be the country side of me!


Elisha showing off his goods.



This guy was firing shots into the air (blanks). Bethany loved it, as she does all things country and cowboy. But I couldn't help but wonder how that noise wasn't spooking the other horses.


I always take a picture of the kids waving at Smokey the Bear. *Sigh* As I look at this picture I am beginning to wonder how many more of these pictures there will be.


The kids took turns driving the mule back to grandma's house. Country dirt roads are the best for this kind of fun!




Later I got a big Happy Birthday wish!



And then we were off to sit and wait for the fireworks show to begin.


Love this shot of her watching the fireworks. I just wish I was a little better with my camera and didn't have her back washed out from the flash.


As usual the fireworks show did not disappoint.


And, as in past years, the kids followed their usual pattern and crashed on the way back home.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love a good parade! Were you born on the 4th of July?