Wednesday, September 16, 2009

A-Musings

Elisha has been having trouble sleeping and even woke up a few nights ago crying. When Daddy asked Bethany the next morning if Elisha had woke her up she said with much frustration, "He almost woke me up two times with his whining." Yohn replied, "If you knew he was whining then you must have woke up." She responded, "No Daddy, he didn't wake me up because my eyes were still closed, so he almost woke me up but not all the way."

* * * * * * * * * *
A little girl at church - remember we deal with 3 to 5 year olds here - came up to Yohn and said, "Hey, HEY! My mommy has boobies." To which he responded with, "WHAT?!" And she said again, "My mommy has boobies."
* * * * * * * * * *

When we were driving home from setting up for kids camp Bethany exclaimed to the three other children sitting in the van with her, "Look I see a wedding ring! That’s where people go to get married!" We never did figure out what she saw, but we still thought it was pretty funny.
* * * * * * * * * *
A few years ago when Elisha started kindergarten Yohn was explaining to him about stranger danger and what to do if he saw a stranger or if they tried to talk to him. At the end of the conversation he asked Elisha if he understood and he said yes and then added, "What if there's aliens in the bathroom, Daddy?"

2 comments:

Sarah said...

What a delightful look into the life and beauty of a child. Thank you for the smiles tonight as my little angles sleep in bed.

A delight to meet you tonight.

Hugs from this ministry mommy as well,
Sarah Dawn

I am a gift said...

Those were too precious especially when Bethany said her eyes were still closed. When Elisha asked about the aliens too much.