Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Baseball/Softball Chronicles ~ April 3rd - 9th

April 3rd, 2011


A's vs. Pirates



Okay so I know this picture started out my last post too, but I can't help that that is the day it happened on, or that this is the only picture I have.


As mentioned previously this was a re-scheduled game (on a Sunday) that Yohn and I were not able to be at. Elisha's coach picked him up and, of course, he had his best game of the season (so far anyway) earning him the game ball. I guess getting a huge hit to the outfield and being a monster at 3rd base will do that for you.


Final Score: A's 12 - Pirates 4


April 6th, 2011


A's vs. Cubs




I think he's focusing?

Waiting to be told he can step into the batter's box.


Covering third base.


Final Score: A's 4 - Cubs 17


Ouch. They kinda played like a tired team tonight, and the other team took advantage.

April 7th, 2011


Cubs vs. Orioles

Trying to focus and stay warm.

See that sky? We could see the storm coming and were hoping it would hold off. It didn't, and just before it really came down on us a gust of wind blew right across the field, blowing dust at the batter, the umpire and me in the scorekeeper box. We were all complaining about dust in our eyes and the ump called time. Then all of a sudden...



You may not be able to see it but the field has hail all over it and there's hail coming down hard.


And while I should have been safe and sound under the roof of the scorekeeper box I wasn't because the wind was blowing it right in on me. Both the umpire and I were doing our best to stand in the back and try not to get hit. We were both soaked as the hail and rain died down. Needless to say this game was called and re-scheduled to resume on April 29th.


When the game was called the score was Orioles 3 - Cubs 0 in the bottom of the 2nd inning. Let's hope the Cubs pick it up on the next time we resume this game (and that the weather is much nicer and not so stinkin' cold!). Starting with a 3-0 disadvantage is not going to be fun.


Saturday, April 9th


Yohn and I were out of town for these games but were taken to them by friends who were watching them. Gene was good to send us text updates as the games played. Sorry no pictures.


A's vs. White Sox


Elisha struck out both times but played aggressively in the outfield.


Final Score: A's 8 - White Sox 4


Cubs vs. Blue Jays


Bethany was hit by a pitch early on in this game and even though she did not cry and said she was alright, she also got called for strikes because she kept jumping out of the box. My mommy heart was sad to here she had been hit and we weren't there to encourage her and get her swinging again. :(


Final Score: Ummmm.... I can't seem to find the results of this game, but I do know the Cubs got the W. :)

2 comments:

Michelle said...

They're getting so big! When was that allowed? Great job on all those games too! As always, I love the pictures. I hope Bethany's game goes well.

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

Congrats to Elisha for bringing home the game! Happy Easter to you all. Hope it is full of love, blessings and family fun. He is Risen!