Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Carmel ~ Part 2

On Sunday we spent part of the day in Monterey, about 15 minutes away. We visited the much talked about Monterey Bay Aquarium. Yohn and I both thought this would have been more fun to see with the kids, but we enjoyed ourselves nevertheless. We saw....



... a diver in the tank feeding the apparently friendly sharks who only eat certain kinds of food.


...a fish about as big as our son!



...bat rays being fed.


...birds who had been rescued off of the coast.


... a seal who wouldn't keep his sleepy head up long enough for me to get a good picture of him.


... several tankfuls of colorful fish. And also penguins, turtles, otters, seahorses and eels.


We walked around the shops and had lunch at a little restaurant I would never visit again. Seriously even the water was yucky. Unfortunately, a headache crept up on me and we spent much of the afternoon napping and watching movies. We had dinner in our room and enjoyed a restful evening together.


The next morning we took the time to walk the shores of Carmel one more time, collecting "treasures" for our children before we came home. All in all, we had a great trip just spending time together and getting some much needed rest!




5 comments:

maddie/cadesmimi said...

I enjoyed your photographs, and hearing about your trip. I love aquariums!

Did you find yourself missing the kids a little bit? I know I always did--the few times we were actually without them.

Rachel said...

So jealous! I love Monterey - we lived nearby when I was a kid. Those pictures made me smile!

McCrakensx4 said...

I have always wanted to visit Carmel...when I was younger...way younger...that is where I wanted to go on my honeymoon (I had read about it in a book and fell in love sight unseen!). How fun for the 2 of you to get away to celebrate your love!! Happy happy 13 years! That is fantastic! Ryan and I will celebrate 13 yrs in July! Congratulations!!

Rachel said...

Had to laugh at your comment on our blog about your daughter and her backwards helment... here's hoping we have a sane first game tonight! :)

Kate said...

I like to visit aquariums and see the different types of fish. Glad you guys had the opportunity :-)