Monday, April 25, 2011

Carmel ~ Part 1

On April 4th, Yohn and I celebrated 13 years of being married. The following weekend we headed out on a kid free mini vacation to be together, just the two of us...



We saw this our first evening there. Beautiful. The ocean is one of Yohn's favorite places. Not mine as much, but I still enjoyed myself a lot.

I do like this profile pic of my hubby!

The next day we drove for a bit and then walked the beach. I climbed the rocks. Maybe I should have used the other picture that shows how far up I climbed. :)


I took lots and lots of pictures of the water. You just never know which pictures will be just what you wanted until you get them on the computer.


We took pictures of each other.


I took pictures of the flowers...


...and the path we walked on.


Love you Babe!


I spotted this guy attempting to sun himself on the trail, although there really wasn't much sun. It was kinda chilly and overcast.



Then I caught this little guy and borrowed him for some pictures before putting him back where he belonged.


We also spotted this caterpillar.


The view from above.


Later that day we went on the 17 mile drive. The first part of it was very tree lined.


But the second half took us down by the beach again.

We stopped at Bird Rock where it was said you could see seals. We couldn't see them due to the setting sun behind the rock but we sure could hear them. However, if you look carefully you can see that the camera could still see them. Apparently they were all over that rock. Can you see the little one in the water on the right side. That's all we could see of the seals.



We also saw a few deer on our scenic drive.



That's the lone cypress. Such beautiful scenery.


Smile!


More to come...

5 comments:

CM said...

How lovely. Congrats! That's great you guys had some non-kid time. We all need that.

Anonymous said...

I'm in awe, just looking at all of your beautiful photos! I love the ocean :) Amazing detail that your camera was able to capture--almost like being there. Fantastic! Thanks for sharing.

drawingcloser said...

Your as beautiful on the inside as you are on the outside. I had a lot of fun, and look forward to many many more anniversary getaways that we will share together. I love you babe!

Kate said...

Happy (belated!) Anniversary! Love the pics. I love the ocean and find it so restful.
Can't believe you picked up that lizard thing! GROSS! ;-)

The Chapman Family said...

Happy Anniversary! Our anniversary is coming up Memorial day weekend, 16 years, I hope we'll go do something fun too! Great pictures, I'm sure you had a great time!