Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Our 2011 Oregon Vacation ~ Part 7

Sunday found us with family plans for the day so instead of going out to find a church to attend we had our own service in the 5th wheel where we were staying. Below is our re-enactment of David and Goliath.


Guess who wanted to be Goliath? :)



"David, I need you to go and check on your brothers."

"Who will come out and fight me?!"


"Why does this mean Philistine say these things about our God? Why hasn't anyone made him eat his words?"


(Yohn switching roles is now King Saul)

"And just who do you think you are young man?"

"If you are going to fight that giant you need some armor."



"Ha! Ha! Ha! Will no one challenge me?"



"I will fight you!"


"Am I a dog that you come at me with sticks? Where is the real challenger?"


"I'll fight you Goliath! And with God's help I will defeat you!"


And the giant came tumbling down....


The End.

6 comments:

drawingcloser said...

Wow the guy who told the kids that story is one versatile actor! He should be on T.V.!

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

AWESOME!!!

Anonymous said...

More memories in the making :)

The Bug said...

LOLOL - I love it! We used to do church at home sometimes & read out of the Children's Bible we had - but I'm surprised my dad never acted anything out. He's such a ham otherwise :)

Kate said...

Love this!!!

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

LOL! That was great! I could just picture Yohn's voice as you narrated :)