Monday, December 26, 2011

Christmas At Our House

The decorations...

Somehow I forgot the picture of the Christmas tree. Oh well, I suppose.

* * * * *

Each year around this time Yohn is Santa for the children at the preschool.

We always make sure to get a picture with him and the kids.

And, of course, I had to take one of myself just for good measure.

* * * * *

One of our traditions is to get the kids new pj's for Christmas Eve. This year I was a little biased on my choices.

Snoopy is my favorite cartoon character...

...and Superman is Yohn's!
BTW, the kids just got out of a very quick shower before I let them get their new pajamas, that's the reason for the wet heads in the pictures.

We also let the kids empty out the contents of their stockings on Christmas Eve.

They talked about this moment all. day. long.

Super hero gloves, lego minifigures, candy, and notes from Mama were inside each stocking. Bethany also drew pictures for everyone and wrote a little note.

Yohn got new Cleveland Browns socks.

I got a new wii game. Let me tell ya though, this game is not that easy to master. Unless maybe you're a master wii player. I probably need more practice.

* * * * *

Christmas morning came early with the kids waking up at around 6:45 (okay so that's early to me!). Yohn got the turkey ready for the oven whilst we all waited patiently, or not so patiently, for him to finish up. The Christmas story was read, but unfortunately not photographed. The kids asked their questions and we talked about why we celebrate Christmas.

Then the opening of the presents began...


* * * * *

Grandma Yvonne came over later for lunch and more gifts. We played games and watched movies with her.

Lynx enjoyed his first Christmas. He has managed to knock off most of the lower ornaments causing them to be relocated elsewhere on the tree. He also thinks the Christmas tree is the best hiding place ever and often sets up to ambush our feet from there. He will probably be the saddest when it's time to pack it up again.

* * * * *

Although, I've heard it done before, Bethany came up with the idea last year to make a cake and sing Happy Birthday to Jesus. It was all her own idea and she was surprised to learn this year that other people do it too. She reminded me this year to get the ingredients while we did the Christmas food shopping. She picked out the type of cake (Devil's food), frosting (Milk Chocolate) and the blue icing.

Here she is decorating the cake.

The finished product. She tried to write Happy Birthday but ran out of room. She asked me to write Jesus' name down the side, and then I figured out how to make a flower so she made several more and a smiley face.

Happy Birthday Jesus! Thank for you coming down as a Babe so save a world that is lost without you.

6 comments:

Kate said...

Wonderful, wonderful pictures!

We also do a birthday cake for Jesus, and it makes me cry every year as we sing Happy Birthday. I love hearing about other families that do this too.

Ian also does Santa shows :-) This year he conspired with the big kids and made an appearance in the backyard for our 3 yr old. Such fun.

Wishing you our Lord's abundant blessings in the year ahead, my friend. Thank you for the ways that you bless me.

The Bug said...

Thanks for sharing your Christmas with us. Yohn makes an excellent Santa. But mostly I'm jealous of Bethany's penguin (not really, but sorta). Ha!

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

Looks like you had a wonderful Christmas!

The Chapman Family said...

We actually sang Happy Birthday to Jesus during Service! I love the cake :)

He & Me + 3 said...

Happy birthday Jesus is right. Love the cake. Looks like you were all blessed this year. Happy new year.

Kim @ Homesteader's Heart said...

Okay, here are more details. If you already own the Active 2 it should have come with a thumb drive that goes into the back of the Wii. You will need to have Wifi in order for it to communicate with your computer. Basically I have created a private group that will only have people in it that I've given the password to. It's basically just to motivate one another and encourage each other. It keeps track of our progress and such. I've started the 9 week program and will encourage everyone to probably start with that. I'm not putting out strict guidelines or anything on anyone. It's basically just because it's always funner to do this sort of thing with someone else and to know you're not alone. Is there anything else you need to know? LOL! I hope you join in. It'll be fun.
Have a lovely day.
Kim