Saturday, April 18, 2009

Another Game Day

Another weekend, another game day. I just wish that somehow my kids' games were not scheduled at the exact same time every Saturday. I really get tired of running between the two fields. But I guess that's just how it goes, huh?

Bethany got her long awaited Player of the Game award today. It's been kind of hard to watch her improve so much, so quickly, and get overlooked week after week, and I think it's been hard on her too. I see the looks she gives her coach, but she has never said anything and always is quick to give high fives and congratulate the other little girl. Today she just played like she always does, which is with her whole heart, and her coach said how proud he was that she always gives 100% with a big smile on her face. You know she is truly enjoying herself.

Elisha gets a pep talk from Coach Adam before batting. Without a doubt this has been Elisha's best year yet and we believe a lot of it is his coach. I scrambled to take this picture when I saw his coach talking with Elisha because it really captures the kind of coach he is.

This is Elisha on Wednesday night. He got a triple on his first time at bat. For those of you who don't know what that is, it means he hit the ball and ran all the way to third base, which is a very big deal, especially for a kid who has been struggling to hit all season long.

No comments: