Friday, April 10, 2009

Exploratorium

Because the kids and I both had today off we went to the Exploratorium in San Francisco. We actually spent the whole day there as there was sooo much to do and the kids have declared it the funnest, bestest day ever. Of course at this age, tomorrow could easily top it, but I'll take it.

This is a static electricity experiment. Elisha didn't really like getting a shock from it, small as it may be, but Bethany kept doing it over and over again.

The kids learned that if they pedaled as fast as they could, they could turn on a light bulb or a radio.

Elisha enjoyed learning how to plug wires into a powersource to make a connection.

Boom whackers were a big hit with a lot of the kids there. Elisha and Bethany actually got to sit down and "learn" to make a rhythm with them.

The bubbles were by far the kids' favorite exhibit and we had to keep coming back to them.

It's too bad I cut Yohn out of this picture, but you can still see what he is trying to do. The bubble popped the second it touched her head.

Of course, Elisha had to try to do it too!


I think Bethany was getting tired of me taking so many pictures of her and the bubbles.


I love this picture! The air blower is actually for an experiment with a beach ball, but of course Bethany had to put her face in front of it.

I love this picture too! I had Elisha copy Bethany just to see his expression. Too bad I cut the top of his head off rushing to get the picture.


Facial expression masks, two kids and a mirror. Yes, we were at that exhibit for a little while.

Don't you just love Bethany's princess crown she made? How about the attitude that goes with it?

1 comment:

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

What an awesome place! A homeschooler's dream. Glad you guys got to go. Looks like a fun time was had by all! I love museums (any kind).

It sure is good to have you back in the blogging world. Happy Easter!