Thursday, July 7, 2011

Ice Cream & How Elisha Hurt His Toe

After Kid Fest, we headed to Baskin Robbins.




And then to the park across the street to enjoy our treats.





Mmmmm.... makes me want to go to Baskin Robbins right now! :0)




Have you figured it out yet?





Yes, we (and I say we because I was doing it too, even though I chose not to post that picture) were jumping over this little cement border for a quite some time. You know kids on an ice cream high have lots of energy? All was fun until Elisha jumped wrong and hit his toe on it. He's actually a pretty tough kid and just tried to shake it off. I didn't notice at first until I realized he wasn't playing on the playground with the girls.




(This picture was taken before the big toe incident)






Then I asked him what was wrong and he told me what he had done. I thought if he rested it for a few minutes all would be well.









(playing dead)





Unfortunately I was wrong. His foot didn't feel any better and when we left he hobbled all the was to the car. He kept it propped up and iced it that night. But the next day it was nearly double its size.




(Yes, I know, there was a playground and yet I am letting them jump over a cement wall, bad mom. If you remember from the first post though, they did see the BMX stunts, hence the need to do crazy jumps over the wall)





Thankfully he only missed one playoff game because of the toe. However, I would attribute that more to the rain than a speedy recovery, even though he was able to run on it again a few days later.

1 comment:

The Bug said...

I love the picture of Elisha doing the "Karate Kid" move - and so appropriate even though he hurt his toe afterward. Boys will be boys - & frankly I'm amazed that they don't get hurt more often than they do! :)