Saturday, July 9, 2011

My Week(s) in Review ~ Project 365


Project 365 button designed by http://richgift.blogspot.com





Howdy all! We're back from our vacation and suffice it to say, I wish't it were longer. But here goes a glimpse into our travels.


Sunday ~ June 26th


Watching tv in the hotel in Winnemucca. Can you tell Bethany just had a bath?

Monday ~ June 27th

Waiting for our lunch at a little restaurant in Weiser, ID where I lived from age 4 to age 11. Afterwards, we drove through the town and saw where I used to live and where my cousins used to live.

Tuesday, June 28th

At home at my mom and dad's, it rained on and off all day, but boy were the rainbows beautiful!

Wednesday, June 29th

We visited Grandpa Gereald today and wished him a Happy Birthday!


Thursday, June 30th


The kids took turns driving Grandpa Henry's tractor.

Friday, July 1st


Had a surprise visit from one of Yohn's friends from Washington. He happened to be passing through on his way home from Idaho and asked us to come and have lunch with him.

Saturday, July 2nd


We went to a weddding reception at the bass ponds. I thought the kid's reflection on the water was kind of fun.

Sunday, July 3rd


Bethany won a fun pair of sunglasses at the local pizza place.

Monday, July 4th


The kids waving at Smokey Bear during the fourth of July parade.


Happy Birthday to me!


Tuesday, July 5th

We were visiting a friend of my mom's who was like an aunt to me as a kid and happened to be in town when these guys were celebrating Dave Thompson's 200th anniversary of mapping the Colombia River (and other rivers from Canada to the Pacific Ocean).

Wednesday, July 6th


We saw my aunt and my cousin's family today. I haven't seen this particular cousin in at least 15 years.

Thursday, July 7th


Sadly, we had to leave for home this day. But I got this picture of the sun behind the clouds from the car window, just before we stopped for the night in Winnemucca.

Friday, July 8th


Interestingly, this is the only picture I took on our way home on Friday. I was trying to get a picture of the Wal Greens on the overpass, but I didn't get my camera on soon enough and this was all I got.


Saturday, July 9th

I got nada. Sorry, I was catching up on laudry and other chores today and forgot to snap a picture. It probably wouldn't have been that exciting anyways so I spared you all.

16 comments:

sara said...

looks like you had a great time on vacation!!! Now back to reality, right?!!

Love that shot of the sun going down. Can't believe you took that from the car!

semperfi said...

Great pics. Loved the double rainbow & the sunset. Have a great week

The Cyber Hermit said...

It looks like a wonderful vacation and that everyone had a really good time! (and in reading your captions, I had a lot of fun saying "Winnemucca" :)).

The Bug said...

You had some great pics this week - the rainbows, the water reflection picture & the sunset. But what struck me most is that I'll bet Grandpa Gereald has some interesting tales to tell :)

Anonymous said...

Great photos. Looks like a great time. Love that double rainbow,

Anonymous said...

sorry i hit publish before done... Thanks for linking up. Have a wonderful week.

Amy said...

love the boating picture, and the rainbows are beautiful! looks like you might have been able to find the pot of gold attend of that one as close as it was! :-)
glad you had a fun trip!

Kim said...

Gorgeous rainbow picture!
It's always wonderful to reconnect with family, whether you saw them last year or 15 years ago :)
Glad you had a great vacation!

Robin Lambright said...

Vacations are a wonderful things....getting back to reality is necessary but never any fun.

Glad you all have a good rest and visit with family!

Blessings
R

Anonymous said...

Welcome home! Vacations always go by too fast, don't they? I love your rainbow pic!

He & Me + 3 said...

Vacations to see family are the best. Love the reflection on the water picture. Very cool. The rainbow is beautiful. How cool that the kids got to drive the tractor...fun. Bethany looks cute in her new glasses. :). I sure wish we had seen a 4th of July parade. I love parades.

Together We Save said...

Looks like you had a wonderful trip!!

H-Mama said...

isn't it strange going back to the place you grew up? looks different, right?

lovin' those posh sunglasses. ;) looks like y'all made some great memories.

The Dapelo Family said...

Love those rainbows! Amazing!

Rachel said...

Love that sunburst picture - just gorgeous! And my kiddo's favorite would be the tractor! :)

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

So glad you had a fun, safe vacation. We were going to try to make the Imbler parade, but got too busy. Hopefully next year :)