Monday, December 28, 2009

Rewind - Santa Claus is Comin' to Town!

Or maybe I should have said, Santa Claus is Comin' to School! Every year at the kids' school Yohn has played Santa Claus for the preschoolers. In fact he's done this every year since Elisha's first Christmas. We usually dress him up to play the part during Christmas break but because we were going to be gone this year we did it on the last day of school before the break. After visiting the preschool he got to go around to our children's classes which is a first. They enjoyed it a lot.


Unfortunately I didn't realize when taking the pictures that this picture of Bethany turned out kinda out of focus, but it's still cute nonetheless.

Jewell with Uncle Santa. (Let me give you a little explaination on Jewell for some of you who are new. Jewell's family and ours are close. Although we are not technically related, Jewell still calls us aunt and uncle.)

The kindergarten and first graders all knew who he was and took delight in calling him Pastor Yohn Santa.

I probably should have cropped this picture but here's Elisha with Santa Daddy too.

Harmony takes a turn with Uncle Santa. (The same goes for Harmony, close friends but not really related. Her mom and I were pregnant at the same time and Harmony was actually born premature 11 days before Elisha when she should have been born two months after. Our families are close though so she is our other "neice".)

The second and third graders thought it was fun that he was dressed as Santa even though they knew who he was too. I think they enjoyed it a lot more than the K/1st graders as they weren't trying to prove he wasn't Santa just having fun that he dressed up and visited them.


Of course I had to take a picture on Santa's lap too. Just, please, please, don't call me Mrs. Claus.

6 comments:

CM said...

How about Mrs. Cringle? Or Mrs. Saint Nick??? he he he...cute pics, looks like the kids really enjoyed it.

Michelle said...

Awww, Yohn makes an awesome Santa! Can we call you MC? You could be MC to the SC - keepin' it on the downlow! Ok, I'm really tired and the A.D.D. must be really kickin' in now! Better go before this doesn't make any sense... might be interesting to write a blog post now!

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

Yohn looks awesome!

Michelle said...

Hee Hee! So I totally went back this morning and fixed some of the errors I made in my last blog post! The A.D.D. in me doesn't really care, but the sometimes anal part of me does! :)

Kaleena said...

Oh these are great! Yohn makes a great Santa picture:)

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

Thanks for the lego tips!