Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Guess Who We Saw Today?

Not really a fair question I suppose because how would you really know the answer? Remember last January when the airplane landed in the Hudson River and the pilot who put it there instead of crash landing it on, well, uh... the land. Remember him and how many lives he saved because he thought quickly and made what could have been an absolute and total disaster into only a little disaster (cuz' nobody died)? Yeah him! Captain Chesley "Sully" Sullenberger. See:

And we saw him at Sam's Club of all places (can you tell this picture was taken with a cell phone). He was doing a book signing because apparently saving lives is big business, ya know. We didn't buy a book cuz' money's kinda tight but we took a picture just to prove that we did in fact see him at Sam's Club. He was very nice and personable and down to earth. Yohn used to work at a different bookstore and he said some authors are stuffy or dull. But he was very friendly and open to questions. I figure that's because he really wasn't an author to begin with so he didn't have time to get all dull and boring (I'm kidding, of course). And to think we just went there to buy dog food!

7 comments:

drawingcloser said...

We're famous now everyone is gonna want our autograph, thank you Sam's Club thank you!

Michelle said...

How exciting! What is it with authors doing book signings in Sam's Club/Costco these days? Sarah Palin was doing a book signing in the Costco in Tempe yesterday. Weird...

can I have YOUR autograph now. Cause you're kind of famous for meeting a famous person and blogging about it!! :)

Kaleena said...

Well I guessed wrong on that one! I was guessing Santa Claus...lol. Seems like he's everywhere else these days:)

Together We Save said...

I was guessing Tiger Woods since he is so big in the new right now.

BTW, Thanks for helping me with my spelling/typing. LOL

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

wow, that's really cool!

Laura Marchant said...

That's awesome! You know I looked at the picture first and I thought, I know that man, why do I know that man, lol.

Together We Save said...

Thanks for stopping by... I love the new header too.