Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Bethany's Birthday

Saturday was Bethany's birthday and, as she requested, we took her to Contra Loma for her party. I know I said I'd get a picture of the giant pool, but alas, I forgot. So I'll leave you with the explaination that it is indeed huge, I'd say the size of a football field, or maybe I exaggerate it a little, or maybe not. I woke up with a screaming headache and knew it was one of those days you can't just sit around and not feel good. So I took and excedrine and on I went. I did not get as many pictures (at least as good of pictures) as I had hoped though. I had a hard time focusing on anything, so if you were there and it didn't show then good I hid it well, and if it did show, well, now you know why.



Here's my attempt at doing a cupcake-cake. They sell these at Safeway so I kind of copied them. I did not want to have to worry about silverware so I planned on sandwiches and cupcakes, but then Bethany wanted me to make her cake, so I improvised. I tried to make it look like the letter B and then she wanted horses on top. The big horses were too heavy so I only added the babies. This is the cake, just after the frosting started melting.



I couldn't get a picture of her blowing out the candles of the cake because a breeze decided to blow through and I didn't feel like fighting to keep the candles lit.


Bethany was blessed with many gifts and she loved them all although she didn't show it at the party. I pulled her and her friends out of the pool to do cake and presents and she was anxious to get back in again. She tore through her presents mildly looking at each one before moving on. At home however she told us all about who had given her what and has played with, read, tried on, put together and used everything already. The only thing she hasn't gotten to is spend her birthday money.


I took a group photo of all the kids. Then because I couldn't tell if it turned out I took a second one. Although I like this picture the best I couldn't help but post the second one because...



Jamie's dad James thought he would be a joker and hide in the background making faces to see if I would notice. I noticed all right, the first time I saw this picture on the computer!


Just some random happy faces!


This is one of the few pictures I took at the pool. I thought her little face was hilarious.

All in all it was a good day. So good in fact, she's already planning to have her seventh birthday party at Contra Loma again next year. Yeah, okay Baby, let's just be six for a while alright.

1 comment:

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

Great job on the cake! Good idea with the cupcakes. Looks like you all had a great time. Happy Birthday, Bethany!