Tuesday, January 26, 2010

True Story Tuesday



This is the first time I've participated in True Story Tuesday although I've been thinking about it that last few weeks. This one is seriously embarrassing but really funny. Okay, here goes...

Last year at about this time our family was shopping at Wal-Mart. The kids were kinda hyper and my husband was ready to leave, but because I needed certain female undergarments I convinced him to stay a few more minutes. He sent Bethany with me and took Elisha with him to the DVD section.

Let me just state now that until my daughter is old enough to need a bra of her own I am NEVER again taking her shopping in the bra section of any store.

Okay where were we? Oh yeah, I'm looking at the bras because I've neglected to buy new ones and now the three that I had were getting kinda saggy. While I'm looking so is Bethany. And she's not only looking but she's admiring and touching and caressing. I'm trying just to ignore her and go about my merry business when she starts wanting to have a conversation about them.

"Mommy! Mommy! Can you buy this one with the animal colors it would look pretty on you!" she shouts and I mean SHOUTS in the bra department of Wal-Mart.

"No, Honey. I'm not buying that bra."

"How come?"

"Those ones are made a little too small."

"Oh. Your boobies are bigger than that Mommy?"

"Uh yeah. Can you just let Mommy look?"

So she gets quiet again and starts touching other things and again I'm trying to ignore her when she hollers again, "Hey Mama! Will you buy this for me?"

I turn around and she has a lacey camisole hanging from her neck (she stuck her head through the hanger) and is caressing the lace and feathery things and telling me what a beautiful dress it would be. Now at this point I notice another lady and who knows how long she had been there with her hand over her mouth quietly snickering. After telling her no and having her put it back I decide I just need to hurry up. But she wasn't done. She grabbed some sexy thong underwear off the rack and asked me why I don't wear my panties like that and who would want to have that string thingy up their butt. The lady who was standing there lost it and turned around to walk away, and me, well, I noticed there were other people looking who were just passing by and laughing. And if you know me at all I don't do embarrassing very well so I grabbed the nearest bra that was my size and we left that area of the store.

And you know what else? That bra is one of the worst bras I've ever owned. It has a stupid seam right down the middle that is visible in almost anything I wear except a bulky sweatshirt. Thanks Baby Girl. I will certainly never forget this day. Ever.

9 comments:

CM said...

Ha ha ha, too funny! I can just picture it! Don't you wish we could control what comes out of their mouths sometimes :-)

Michelle said...

LOL!! Too funny. That Bethany is as spit fire as she is beautiful! :)

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

OH MY GOSH! That was good! I know you don't do embarrasing well and I have a picture of you face in my mind. Can anyone say Bob The Tomato? LOL!

maddie/cadesmimi said...

That was a good one! Like I always say "out of the mouths of babes..."

Rachel said...

Oh golly - it was like one of those things that you just can't stop watching because it gets better and better. Or funnier and funnier!

I know I couldn't have kept a straight face if I'd been in the store with you that day! I couldn't help but totally cracking up at the animal print one, LOL!

(And why is it that us moms always wear things out until they are too far gone? I am in desperate need of some undergarment shopping too!)

Thanks for joining in - this was classic!

Laura said...

Funny story! Kids will say and do the darndest things:-)

Thanks for coming by and visiting my blog and commenting.

Regarding my snow post...we live by Chicago, so yes, we do have snow, but nothing like where my Dad lives, and we don't have a lot of good sledding hills close, so to have one in the back yard was exciting for the kiddos. (Not for me, I prefer warmer weather)

Thanks again for stopping and I look forward to reading more about your precious family.

I am a gift said...

Nice story Ruth if that had happened to me it would probably be me and Harmony would be the embarrassed one looking for a place to hide.

My Heart said...

Heh thanks for stopping by my blog. That story is very funny - very funny - but only b/c it happened to you and not me. Yeah, I'm nice like that. {GRIN}

Michelle said...

ok, so reading this post was the LAST thing I did before heading to the grocery store yesterday and as I picked up my grocery list and I wrote 'underwear'. Just a little TMI for you. Don't worry, I won't post pictures!