Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Amazing

My kids have truly been off the wall lately. I think it's because the non-scheduled joys of summer have started really catching up to them. I mean they are not horrible but when my seven year old screams his way to his bedroom because he is told no he cannot play video games right now, maybe later, you just wanna... well, I don't know? Laugh at him? Because it's something so trivial that he throws a fit about you're just kind of taken off guard.

Anyways, back to the amazing part. Well, even though my kids' behavior hasn't been great and they can't keep their hands off things or keep from hurting one another or keep from throwing tantrums God can still use them. I mean I know this already, but sometimes I think God needs me to get the point that He uses us even when we don't think He can or expect Him to.

Case in point, every Wednesday a group of guys rents the gym to play volleyball. Said group of men are Hindi or Indian (from India) I don't really know because I'm not good with all that, so no offense at all to them I just don't know. They are always very nice and polite but it's very obvious they don't share our beliefs they just like our gym and that's okay because they are respectful and polite and clean up after themselves which is more that can be said for a lot of other groups who rent our gym. Well this group also brings their kids every week and lately the kids have been playing outside the gym on the grass. Elisha and Bethany also decided to play outside today because let's face it hanging out in The Source (the bookstore) in the evenings really is no fun. Since I was busy they were out there until about 6:30 tonight. Somehow they (at ages 5 and 7 years old) struck up a conversation about beliefs and God with these four boys who range from about 5 to 10 years old. They tell them that Jesus is the only way to heaven and that He died on the cross for their sins. Then Bethany comes running in the store and asks Yohn to come out and talk to the boys about Jesus. Elisha followed saying they went back in the gym but that one boy said he liked his god better but the other boy said that from now on he would only believe that Jesus is his Savior. These kids I'm sure will have a lot of questions, but I am excited that a seed has been planted. We prayed for the boys and then reminded the kids that they needed to make sure to pray for them in the days to come.

Now who knows what's going to happen next but Wow! Amazing!

1 comment:

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

You are right! Who knows what seeds were planted. Very cool!

I think our kids are experience the "end of the summer blues".