Sunday, August 2, 2009

Success!

It's official! We have a seven year old who can ride a two wheeler!

Once he got the balance thing down he really struggled with how to get started. He couldn't coordinate pushing off and getting his feet on the petals.

But he got the hang of that too after about twenty minutes or so. I knew he was ready for the two wheeler for a while but he kept freaking out any time I would mention it so I really didn't push it. Plus, I really hadn't had the time to push him. Then when I saw him riding his razor scooter with all the confidence in the world I knew he had the balance and just needed the push. So there he is after only a few tries with me jogging next to him, hand on his back. Once he realized he could do it there was no stopping him. He took off laughing, "I'm doing it! I'm doing it!"

Bethany is now extremely jealous and was begging me to take her training wheels off too. I think she'll be a little harder but with her adventurous spirit she will probably pick it up quickly. I just really wasn't ready to try to do both of them tonight.
Isn't her trick just amazing!

I had told Bethany she needed to watch out for her brother because he wasn't used to using the breaks without his training wheels and that he might crash into her. But, of course, Bethany forgot and rode right in front of him. I was trying to take a picture of Elisha and caught the mishap. I wasn't so bad though, he just kind of bumped her.

2 comments:

Alexis said...

Congrats to your son! Is this one of those days when you wonder what happened to your little baby boy?

Thanks for stopping by my blog! And very nice to "meet" you!

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

I'm so jealous! I think it is going to be awhile for Josiah. The kid is seriously lacking coordination. He's down more than he's up in soccer. But he says he loves it and wants to do it again next year. Hope his coordination is better by then.