Monday, August 17, 2009

Not Me Monday



It's time for Not Me Monday a blog carnival started by one smart lady who wanted nothing more than a way to admit her short comings in a way that would make others smile. It's fun and I hope you'll join in. Ready, here goes...

A few weeks ago we got a new (used) refridgerator. Our friend told us it worked perfectly and so we brought it home (The door sprung on our old one causing us to use a 45 lb weight to keep the contents in the refridgerator cold) and hooked it up. The freezer worked just fine right off the bat but the refridgerator side was lacking. It got warmer and warmer as the days progressed until finally I did a little internet research and discovered that I had not gotten a little too hasty and turned the fridge up too high too fast (apparently you have to start it at factory settings for 24 hours then turn it up if it's not to your liking. We did not have to take everything out of the fridge to defrost the vent that goes between the freezer and the fridge. We also did not have to borrow a giant cooler full of ice to keep all of our food from getting ruined in the 90 something degree heat.

I did not send my daughter outside in her underwear to paint her "paint me" lizards because I didn't want to deal with what would happen if she got it on her clothes or the table or anywhere else. Our son did not beg to go outside in his underwear with her.

I also did not catch my beautiful little girl sticking her underwear clad butt in the dogs face. Why would she do that. When I asked her why she would do such a thing she did not reply, "because it's funny that dogs do that."

So there you go! What have you not been up to lately? Click here to see what other people have not been up to if you need a good laugh.

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Too Funny! I love little kids in underwear and I would NEVER let my kids go outside in their underwear. You can check out my Not Me post to see for yourself! :)

Lauren said...

This made me laugh. BY THE WAY... YOU WON THE THURSDAY'S PLAYLIST GOODIES. Email me your contact info and I will send the stuff your way.

knowingnorrah@gmail.com

Jennifer said...

ha ha! That is HILARIOUS!!! I love the "that's the funny things dogs do"! Kids are priceless!

kel[E] said...

thanks for stopping by my blog :) I just started on the blog frog from following McMammas blog. I loved your NotMe post.I would totally do the same thing - let her out in her underwear. one peice of clothing is way easier to clean than a whole outfit!! :)

I look forward to reading more posts!