Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Setting Up for Kids Camp

This was the third year we have done kids camp "on our own". What I mean by on our own is that our church does not join another kids camp where several other churches attend but rather we take our group of kids from our church only. It got way too expensive for anyone to be able to participate, so doing it on our own makes it more affordable for the parents. Our Hungarian Pastor own property near Redding so we head there every year and camp out in tents. There is water and electricity in his pool house and while the kids can't shower while we are there the adults still can. That is if we want to take one that is ice cold. We have learned a few things the past couple of years and one of them is that you can't set up the tents with the kids there. It's impossible they are impatient and in the way. So this year we thought we'd try going up the weekend before and set up the tents and take up the food. That way there's a few things we can cross off the to do list before we get there. Now I planned on taking pictures while we there to show, but alas, when you are setting up tents who wants to stop and take pictures. And furthermore, who would want to see pictures of people setting up tents anyways. So the pictures you are about to see are actually from on the way home. We stopped at a pool and let the kids (everyone's kids cuz' it wasn't just our family that went) cool off. While they did this I took some great pictures of them. Here goes...


Bethany happens to be riding on her daddy's back who happens to be underwater.

Okay so you already knew I had a picture obsession but you didn't know it was that bad, huh? Well, just be happy I didn't post all the pictures I took or you'd be here all day! And just when you thought I was done, pictures from the ice cream shop!

And that's it! Notice I'm not in any of these pictures? It's not because I didn't find any I liked but it's because I just don't think to photograph myself. Or maybe I wasn't there at all, hmmm...



1 comment:

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

Looks like fun! Great idea about going up ahead of the kids to set up camp.