Friday, July 17, 2009

Vacation - Day 8 (Part 1)

We woke up not so bright and but very early on this day, as my dad wanted to be at the Snake River, which is a two hour drive, early. Normally he says this and then we get up at 8:00 and leave by 9:00, no big deal. But no, we had to get up at 4:00 and leave by 5:00. Ugh!

Mom and Dad and Yohn were launching the boat when I took this picture. They did very well patiently waiting out of the way until it was safe to go down and get in the boat. The boat ride was a completely different story though, it was downright scary. The water was rough and against my better judgement I still got in. However, we made it to our destination safe and sound and had a nice full day at the water's edge.

It was still a little too cool for the kids to get in the water, so they ran around finding things to occupy themselves. Elisha tried several different ways to climb this tree before finally giving up.

And Bethany tried to plant this stick so it would grow into a nice big tree like the one Elisha was trying to climb.

Elisha pranks his unsuspecting Daddy.

Rock throwing should become an Olympic Sport don't you think? Ok maybe not, but he's got really good form!


Despite how some of these pictures look, Bethany did not hit her brother with a rock!


And I, of course, enjoyed myself in my favorite passtime. Taking pictures of my unsuspecting family, he, he, he.


Elisha wrote his name in the sand right along the water's edge and I was trying to figure out how to take a picture of it with out getting wet. This is the best that I could do, but it turned really well!


And so did this one!



1 comment:

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

That one picture really does look like Bethany is going to hit her brother with a rock. Camera angles can be deceiving! It looks beautiful on the Snake that day.