Sunday, July 26, 2009

Vacation - Day 10

You know you are in farm country when the hills in the surrounding area resemble a patchwork quilt (there's the clouds again. Did you notice?).


My mom had some rocks given to her, okay not some, a lot of rocks given to her and she gave some to the kids so we could start a rock garden. The kids are always bringing home rocks from different places so I thought this may help to boost their collection. There were some very neat rocks and my mom was told they were from places all over the world. Most of them were in need of a good cleaning so we entertained the kids with toothbrushes and a pan of water for about 1/2 an hour until they got tired of it.


The kids left a lot of dirt on the rocks and my mom and I finished cleaning them up for them. Yohn, for some strange reason, just had to take a picture of us.


We stopped by our friend Jackie's house for a visit because she was out of town when we first arrived. She had just gotten back the day before (I think) and so we thought we'd go see her. She wasn't home at the time so we took the kids to Riverside Park which is just down the street. Yohn and I visited this park often during the summertime when we lived in the area.


I know you saw all these pictures already on my header, but I really like them and wanted to post them again anyway! Sorry if you feel they are redundant.


We did get to see our friend Jackie afterall and the kids had a great time playing in the back yard. Josiah (her son) happened to have a soccer game that night so our family went to watch him play.


Josiah was very excited that we came to his game. Here he is giving us all a thumbs up!


He was also extremely excited every time his team scored a point. Here he is telling Elisha that they just scored one more.


Josiah made his first goal ever while we were there. Go Josiah!


This is Haley, Jackie's youngest. True to toddler form, she is chewing on her sunglasses.


Haley also had a thing for the water bottles that were sitting along the sidelines. She tried several different varieties until she found the one she liked. Anytime it was left unattended it was in Haley's hands.


Josiah practically attacked Yohn in all the excitement of his team scoring one more point!


Haley and Elisha entertained themselves by making faces at one another.


Mmmm... Ice Cream! After Josiah's game we stopped by Dairy Queen. There's a definate chemistry between our kids and Josiah and try as we might to calm them they were very animated and loud. After they finished their ice cream, that is!

Haley is one of the sweetest, most well-behaved toddlers I have ever met. Now I know I only saw her for two or three hours (or four, I can't remember) but she was really good during that time. Jackie, don't you roll your eyes at me! You and Michael are doing a good job, keep up the good work!


When the kids decided to all "dog pile" on Elisha we decided it was time to leave. Thanks again Jackie for letting us stop by unannounced. The kids really enjoyed watching Josiah's game!

1 comment:

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

How did you know I was rolling my eyes? LOL! I really was!

It was a pleasure to have you guys over and to have you come to Josiah's soccer game. Your pictures are so great! So much better than mine. Could you send me some via email, ones I can have printed? I've tried to print pictures off my sis' blog and they ended up grainy.

Can't wait till next year when you come to visit!

P.S. I especially love the picture of you and Yohn walking. Who take that picture? It is so sweet!