Saturday, July 18, 2009

Vacation - Day 8 (Part 2)


Because my little girl has a love for all things slimy (worms, snails, slugs, fish, etc.) she was right in the mix every time a fish was being reeled in.

Just kickin' back.

My dad reeled in a fish and then threw it back because Bethany was upset she missed out on helping him reel it in. As you can see she was right there next to him just waiting, she just didn't realize he was actually reeling in a fish. He let her do it herself, but she was having a little trouble so Elisha told her help her, because, he said, she needed someone with muscles to hold it for her. He did not, however, have any interest whatsoever in touching it once it has been brought to the shore.

Can we have fish for lunch? Nope sorry, this one's too small!


This is me creating my masterpiece for the intro for our vacation this year for our scrapbook. Ya know, if I really ever get around to doing it!


See that's kind of cool, right?


I finally let the kids play in the water, even though I thought it might still be a bit too cool out to go in. They completely disagree and kept telling me how much fun they were having. Indeed, they were having a blast.


Elisha asked my dad how he started the fire (you'll see it in a second) and he jokingly said by rubbing together two sticks. Not more than five minutes later there was Elisha rubbing together two sticks.

Elisha learns how to roast a hot dog for his lunch.

This is Perry. Bethany tortured this poor grasshopper for 4 1/2 hours. You'll see more on him in the next post (or maybe the one after)


And I'm not sure what you'll think of this picture, but when I saw this I thought it was downright hilarious!

1 comment:

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

I bet Bethany had sand in interesting places when she got home!

Love the picture of her and the fish. Too funny!

I love to fish, but I hate touching fish. I make Michael take it off the hook for me. Yuck!